Thursday, 10 July 2014

A sunny 10th July on the Isle of Skye.... i'm writing today's blog from Duntulm Coastguard Cottages at the very northern tip of the Isle of Skye.  Sitting in the glorious sunshine outside Erisco: the middle one of the three self catering cottages.

As I sip my coffee, i'm looking across Loch Cleat with the water lilies in bloom, black-back gulls noisily bathing themselves in the clear fresh water and not a cloud in the Skye.... perfik!

If I srtoll to the other side of the Coastguard Cottages, I look out over the craggy ruins of Duntulm Castle and across the sea to the Western Isles.... Harris, Lewis and the Uists.

The views are timeless and almost from another dimension... particularly if you live in a busy part of the world.  I'm thinking of the days I used to do the London commute a few times a week.....  M25 or the Isle of Skye?  I know where i'd rather be!

Having a complete escape to the Scottish Highlands and Islands is a wonderful way to re-charge your batteries and slow down to a more sedate pace of life. 

Our wee family business, Skye Holiday Rentals, offers a choice of self catering holiday homes on Skye, from cosy cottages to a large luxury Villa.  All the properties are set amid glorious Skye scenery and have wonderful sea views. 

I'll not drone on any more but just leave you with a couple of sunset pictures taken just outside the Duntulm Coastguard Cottages at 10.30 last evening.  You are looking from Tulm Bay across the sea to the mountains of Harris and Lewis.... simply stunning!  I was actually in my 'PJ's taking these pics.... that's how quiet it is here!



So for all of you heading to an airport and jetting off to foreign climes, this is what you're missing in Scotland!